Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Stockholm Day Two

Spent the day on an icebreaker that toured around the waters of Stockholm (Stockholm is a city built on 14 different islands), and then went out into the Baltic sea. Most of the other tourists huddled below deck, I spent the whole voyage on deck at the fore of the ship. I had bought some The North Face underarmor a while ago when this was a trip to Antarctica, so tried that out for the first time, along with a big wool coat, scarf, gloves. That underarmor shit is not kidding around. I was cooking until I got out there on deck. And, it was really, really cold, the wind was some of the coldest I've ever felt, but I was pretty comfortable. My ears and face were frozen, but everything else was ok. Drank hot spiced wine, that helped too.




No comments:

Post a Comment