Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Observations


Based on my keen observation of the indigenous peoples of this place, I believe I can start a list of the things Germans love.

* Black. Everyone has at least one article of black clothing on at all times.

* Beer. Its sold EVERYWHERE. The zoo, on the subway, in vending machines on every corner, at the movies, at fast food restaurants.

* 30 Seconds to Mars. I've had German Mtv on for noise whenever at the hotel. Its a mix of german techno pop, english techno pop, and 30 Seconds to Mars.

* Obama. He's a rock star. Everywhere sells his book, he's on every magazine.

* Zees. Every word has at least two.

* Malls. They are everywhere.

* Pig meat. By far the most available food anywhere. Most menus I've looked at consist of at least 80% pig meat dishes.

* Their dogs. Lots of dogs in the city, all large breed. Most not leashed. They take them everywhere, too. I've seen several large dogs waiting patiently for their people outside stores in indoor malls.

No comments:

Post a Comment