Thursday, March 5, 2009

sitting at the FRO


Sitting at the foreigner registration office, which is an old colonial building in the city center where anyone staying over 180 days has to register (and all pakistanis have to register within 24 hours of entering India). Its dirty and hot and full of foreigners. Paradise. At least its surrounded by indian dudes with old ass machine guns. They are the type you get in call of duty from WW2 where the long skinny clip goes in the side.
I went to go get cough syrup yesterday and find out that cough syrup is literally the only controlled rx. Apparently the indians love robotripping so much chemists couldn't keep it in stock.and a whole bottle was 15 rupees (about 22 cents USD) so they can get fucked up bargain style. So, I had to see a doctor, but it was easy. She was a middle aged woman in a traditional sari and she sat behind a desk and asked me if my cough was wet or dry and then gave me the cough syrup. And its a fucking lifesaver. I still cough occasionally but it completely took away the pain, and I got my first nights sleep in a week last night.

Back of the FRO

No comments:

Post a Comment