Friday, December 11, 2009

India Adventure Inactivity Explained - and a "best of" list

So, haven't updated in a bit because I am without internet at home where all the pictures are. Since the last update I went to Sri Lanka, which was a pretty cool place, and moved into a new house. I'm hoping to have internet hooked up next week and I'll start posting the pictures. If I don't, next weekend I'm heading to the kingdom of Bhutan in the Himalayas, and I'll add that trip to the list I need to post on.
In the meantime, check out this list of the top 100 songs and albums of the 2000's decade. Two Bright Eyes albums, one Bright Eyes song, and lots of Radiohead and Whitestripes, all some of my favorite bands, so its a pretty good list. Clearly too much hip/hop R&B crap in there - a Beyonce (spellcheck recommends "Bonce" and "Abeyance" as correct spellings of Beyonce - "temporary inactivity" and "head/brain". Kind of fitting I'd say) song, really? But top song of the decade - the one hit wonder "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley?! Sure, its a great song, but best? And in an album as bad as that one? Weird choice. Especially with treasures like "My Humps", "Hollaback Girl", and "Photograph" being totally snubbed.

Click here for stereogum post and complete list

No comments:

Post a Comment