Friday, December 25, 2009

Casa de Shogun




Finally moved out of the service apartment I was in for 8 months into a new house, just a few kilometers from work. Its ridiculously too large for one guy and a dog, but, the yard is huge for Shogun and the neighborhood is nice and quite, except for a Muslim minaret nearby that blasts its prayers throughout the day through a huge loudspeaker. The house is brand new, about 5000 sq feet, three second story balconies, with another few thousand sq feet of yard. (All provided free of charge by DreamWorks. Thanks DreamWorks!) There is a servants quarters intended for your live-in service staff to stay, but I'm determined to go servant free here. From the terrible experience of my service staff at the last place, I'd rather just clean myself. We'll see how long it lasts, though, as its a shitload of marble floor to keep the dog hair swept off. While most of my associates have a cook as well as a housekeeping staff, I contend no one will really be able to cook up a bowl of ramen noodles quite as good as I do, so I believe I'll abstain from that luxury as well.


1 comment:

  1. Sweet! I did not know about the balconies! Time for a party I say!

    ReplyDelete