Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Shogun & Henderson: 1 , Man Eating Indian Vampire Bat: 0


The vampire bats of Varthur Kere (the lake my place is next to - although it doesn't look much like a lake as it is completely covered in this thick bright green vegetation that I can't figure out what is even with that know-it-all google) staged their first attack this evening. I opened the back door for shogun and their scout bum rushed my head. I swear I didn't scream like a little girl, that sound must have been one of the wild dogs or something... Shogun cornered it and every vampire bat hunters favorite weapon the dust mop sent him back to the fires of hades where he came from.
Speaking of living next to a lake in India... sounds romantic on paper, the reality not so much. Lots of mosquitos, grumpy monkeys, and now the organized assault of blood sucking bats. Its kind of like my first apartment on my own in LA, in the hood between Eagle Rock and Glendale. I went to look at it, and was like "Wow, its so cheap, and its right next to this little park! Score!". Night one I came to find out that the Armenian gangs waged battle in that cute little park. So, the moral of the story is that no matter where you live gun toting Armenian gang-bangers will find you.

2 comments: