Thursday, March 31, 2011

This is the end of the blog.

As I prepare to leave India, I am reminded of all of the highs and lows of the years I spent here. I'm not the emotional or reminiscent sort, but something there are no pictures of in all the archives of this fairly well kept travel blog, but that I will remember long past many of the places I've been, are the friends I've made. Its much less common in this second half of life to form real meaningful friendships. That bonding experience is left behind along with the frivolity of youth. But the people you share the experience of learning to live in a whole new world are real friends. So, while I'm a bit of a loner, sometimes more than a bit of a curmudgeon, and spent a good deal of time either traveling alone or entombed in my great marble mansion, I will truly miss the friends I've made here. Almost as much as Koh Samui.

No comments:

Post a Comment