Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tokyo - Ginza

The most expensive area of Tokyo. The roads are closed to traffic on the weekends and opened for pedestrians. Every store you would expect in a Rodeo Drive sort of place. A cafe was advertising a special for Y1000 cups of Darjeeling tea ($11). Had a $17 dark Japanese beer at the beer hall, which is cheaper than a beer in Copenhagen, on the bright side.
Speaking of expensive, Tokyo is not disappointing. I officially will not afford to eat at my hotel. The breakfast buffet is $78, the buffet for lunch or dinner is $130. The fine dining restaurant in the hotel, a french place, has entrees that range from $170 to $380. That's an ala carte entree. The pre-fix menu has no prices.
I'm going to L'Osier, a 3 star michelin french place before the Philharmonic Orchestra on Thursday. I've never been to a 3 star, so I'm quite excited.










No comments:

Post a Comment