Monday, April 20, 2009

In Bangalore

Lufthansa lost two bags, the one having all of my electronics, xbox, dvd player, video games, dvds, camera. The other has my toiletries, work shirts, and all of shoguns medicine. Definitely the worst two to lose. Spent an hour and a half dealing with that. Then spent the next hour and a half in customs. They initially asked for 50000 INR for my declaration of wine, coffee, and even the stuff in the lost bags as I had to detail everything that was lost. That's a 1000 US dollars. Hour and a half later I got through for 15000 (300) after many conversations with dudes with machine guns and finally getting to talk to a guy in a distant office.
Not fun. On the way to my place. God only knows how its been furnished and decorated. I expect it will be photo worthy.

1 comment:

  1. Is there any hope the bags will come in? perhaps loaded on the wrong plane from franfurt?

    ReplyDelete